TIMMY FAILURE: MISTAKES WERE MADE
Meet ‘detective’ Timmy Failure, the clueless, comically self-confident CEO of the best detective agency in town, perhaps even the country. Add his lazy business partner, a very large polar bear named Total. Throw in the Failuremobile – Timmy’s mum’s Segway – and what you have is Total Failure, Inc., a global enterprise destined to make Timmy so rich his mother won’t have to worry about the bills anymore.
Of course, Timmy’s plan does not include the metre-high female whose name shall not be uttered. And it doesn’t include Rollo Tookus, who is so obsessed with getting into ‘Stanfurd’ that he can’t carry out a no-brain spy mission.
From Stephan Pastis, the offbeat creator of Pearls Before Swine, comes an endearingly bumbling hero in a caper whose hilarity is accompanied by a whodunit twist. Stephan Pastis gets you snorting with laughter, then slyly carries the joke a beat further – or sweetens it with an unexpected poignant moment – making this a comics-inspired story (the first in the series) that truly stands apart from the pack.
- * Winner of the 2015 West Australian Young Readers’ Book Award
- * From the #1 New York Times best-selling creator of the Pearls Before Swine comic strip, Stephan Pastis.
- * Timmy Failure will appeal to a wide audience (boys, reluctant readers, teens).
- * Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made is the first in a series that has already sold to 14 countries.
- Age range: 7+
- Junior fiction
- Paperback, 128 x 197mm, 304pp
TIMMY FAILURE: NOW LOOK WHAT YOU’VE DONE
‘When you lose hope, find it.’ Timmy Failure is about to crack the biggest case of his generation: a school competition to find a stolen globe. It’s his ticket to bringing home a $500 prize, which is guaranteed to set him up for life. But someone is clearly trying to play the system. Hoodwink. Con. Defraud. So it’s up to Timmy Failure, with the dubious help of Total, his lazy polar-bear partner, and his unlikely new ally, eccentric Great Aunt Colander, to find a way to avenge these shenanigans. Defeat this injustice. If he can only get his entry form in on time.
- * A hilarious follow-up to the global phenomenon Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made.
- * Perfect for fans of Wimpy Kid, Big Nate, and other humorous illustrated middle-grade titles.
- Age range: 9+
- Junior fiction
- Paperback, 128 x 197mm, 288pp
Stephan Pastis is the author–illustrator of Timmy Failure and the creator of the devoutly followed comic strip Pearls Before Swine, which appears in more than six hundred newspapers. His compilation Larry in Wonderland debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list for paperback graphic novels. Stephan Pastis lives in California, USA.